Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

friends that dont change

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lozerkid01 On August 18, 2011

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 23:30:46
ive noticed this a million times over the past year.
since me and my friends have grown up gone to college or uni or just got jobs we dont see each other as often as we'd like.

but when we do meet up.. its like as if nothing had ever changed? and goes back to when it was summer holidays from school or something apart from we have more money and are allowed to do more with our age..

i love that we can go months without seeing each other then when we do it just carries on as normal

anyone else have friendships like tht?
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 23:36:25
Everything taken care of?? And yes I have experienced this.
aquariusari On March 24, 2009

Somewhere, Washington
#3New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 23:36:55
Oh yeah - I reconnected with a friend after about 6 years, we picked up where we left off still don't get to talk to her that much (different countries) but we always carry on like "normal"

That happens with other friends that I do see often.

I think this (at least to me) shows me how good of friends we are
jables On August 06, 2008

Grandville, Michigan
#4New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 23:37:17
Yuppers..i only actually have like one of those kinda friends
lozerkid01 On August 18, 2011

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 23:47:30
i wouldnt change my friends for anything,
but i just dont understand how we can do different things for how ever long then still be the same when we come back weirddd place lol
tia On October 06, 2009

Birmingham, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 00:03:54
yeah i feel like that now, i've just finished school and aren't going to college with
any of my close friends

i know we'll stay in touch and i'm really hoping that nothing changes

Chelsea_59 On November 15, 2008

Deleted

*~*Forever in Ryan's arms*~*,
#7New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 00:47:09
@lozerkid01 Said
since me and my friends have grown up gone to college or uni or just got jobs we dont see each other as often as we'd like.

but when we do meet up.. its like as if nothing had ever changed? and goes back to when it was summer holidays from school or something apart from we have more money and are allowed to do more with our age..

i love that we can go months without seeing each other then when we do it just carries on as normal

Kinda like my twin sister and I.
I know what you may think:
"They live in the sma ehouse and they're twins, it doesn't count."

Well we aren't attached at the hip and have our own friends and lives.
But at the end of the long, busy week we sit down and chill out like we used to always do.

We b****, pick on, and fight with each other all the time, but we always find ourselves alone together and act like we used to when we were younger. Gossiping, doing each others hair, running around like crazy kids, ect.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#8New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 02:43:22
@lozerkid01 Said

Yes, those are the 'real' friends..the gems..the 'keepers'.
warlock0622 On May 23, 2010

Shinglehouse, Pennsylvania
#9New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 02:51:39
Yes, I've had the same experience. And those kinds of friends are rare gems indeed. Sadly most people tend to view friendship as a disposable commodity, with the attitude of 'ride it out until I get nothing else out of it'. But when you find a real friend for life, it's a true blessing. My description of a true friend is one that will laugh when you laugh, cry when you cry, and tell you when you are being an ass. These kinds of friends end up being the friends that are "timeless".
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#10New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 03:04:44
@warlock0622 Said
Yes, I've had the same experience. And those kinds of friends are rare gems indeed. Sadly most people tend to view friendship as a disposable commodity, with the attitude of 'ride it out until I get nothing else out of it'. But when you find a real friend for life, it's a true blessing. My description of a true friend is one that will laugh when you laugh, cry when you cry, and tell you when you are being an ass. These kinds of friends end up being the friends that are "timeless".

Said like one of my poems
warlock0622 On May 23, 2010

Shinglehouse, Pennsylvania
#11New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 03:07:41
Which I'm sure is a wonderful read.

Friendship, oddly enough, seems to be a touchy subject with most people. However, it's those that can't seem to differentiate between friends and aquaintances that seem to get the most fired up on it. I guess I just don't get it.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#12New Post! Jun 18, 2008 @ 03:12:26
@warlock0622 Said
Which I'm sure is a wonderful read.

Friendship, oddly enough, seems to be a touchy subject with most people. However, it's those that can't seem to differentiate between friends and aquaintances that seem to get the most fired up on it. I guess I just don't get it.

For those who would find it a touchy subject, my guess would be that they don't know how to be a friend, and therfore are uncomfortable with the subject..
lovemediator On June 21, 2008

Tallahassee, Florida
#13New Post! Jun 21, 2008 @ 09:34:38
@lozerkid01 Said

oh yeah! i even have my friends from our high school days and we get together at least once a year and just keeps on reminiscing the good 'ol days. Even now that we have our own families, we can't seem to get enough of each other. They are the type of friends you will never ever forget in your entire life.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs