Forums:
College Life

SHY How 2 make friends at UNI

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
eilidhglendinningclark On February 06, 2008

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 13:29:58

I find it really difficult just talking to new people, I always feel like a big akward freak, anyone have any valuable life expirience that could help?
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 13:44:40
don't worry about it! I'm starting a new college course this evening, and well, due to being bullied when younger i've never really been able to talk to people all too easily. But I guess there comes a time where you just need to open up.

I found that in my last course i was so silent and in doing so i let a guy there walk all over me and make me feel useless, but the others there helped me open up so much i was able to talk to them.

just say hi to people and put on a brave face, ask how they're doing,just conversation starters and don't be put down if someone dosn't give you their full attention, there's always someone else to talk to
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 14:00:55
Find some clubs or activity groups that interest you and sign up.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 14:51:20
Just let the natural flow take place. Don't try to hard, be yourself, and let nature take it's course.

Things will work out and be fine.
operaghost On June 13, 2008

Long Island, New York
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 15:12:04
I wish I would have had time in college to join clubs and make friends.

Unfortunately I had to work a full time mon-fri job and go to school for 4 1/2 hours at night until almost 11pm... at that point of thr day you just want to go to class and get it over & done with so you can go home to sleep and maybe squeez home work in.. hence why I haven't gone back for my next degree up. Don't think I can do that again.

But the best way to make friends is probably to join a club or sport (if you enjoy that type of stuff) to meet people who have similar interest as you. It's kind of a n ice breaker when you are in the same interest group so you already know you all have 1 thing in common.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 15:54:21
Buy everyone a pint! They will love you
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:06:32
Just try to be yourself.

True friends will see through any shell
elizbluekiz On April 01, 2008

petaling jaya, Malaysia
#8New Post! Mar 08, 2008 @ 10:36:08
haha.. hihi.. first of all.. im eliz..^.^)
not really good at advice..
but maybe i can help ya ..
anyway is true that difficult just talking to new people, I feel weird too..dono if they are good or wat they might think.. but what i know being first meet with a new friend is cool.. cause is just feel cool hee=.=".. like when u had your first friend in your secondary school.. just take it like the first experience when u first say hi .. with a smile to someone.. and the person will surely be interested to be your new friend.. and slowly maybe u might have the same interest with u.. and having a friends in Uni is GreaT so that went u get into trouble your friend may help u.. what i know im really shy person too.. i just must have the courage to smile n say hi or halo..=) just like now.."halO
hmm hope it will help u.. take care.. smiLe
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 03, 2008 @ 19:15:50
I just introduced myself to the peron beside me and moved on from there. Extroverts like 1 person in particular also make things a bit easier and the uni normally does some sort of get-to-know people activity on the induciton day.
harrie85 On August 08, 2008

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdo
#10New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 12:10:02
When you move in (particularly halls) leave your room door open while you un pack and sort all your stuff out, youll find you comunicate more with people as everyone goes in and out! good luck, you'll be fine! x
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs