The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
College Life

Why do criminals get a free degree on the tax payers dollar?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
royalmile700 On September 02, 2010

BALTIMORE, Maryland
#16New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:45:45
Actually not at all, I dont know a damn person who got a degree in jail but I know prison guards and they tell me all about it.
RrrendezVoodoo On April 23, 2009

Deleted

, New York
#17New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:46:53
@johnnyposter Said

Like when a job application specifically states {Having a prior conviction does not automatically disclude you from this position), it really means to say (Go away you filthy animal).

emmerz4life On April 10, 2009

, United States (general)
#18New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:47:45
why don't ya go to jail and get your self a degree also? Problem solved!

hahaha thats genious.!

BALTIMORE, Maryland
#19New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:50:36
Its rediculous....what happend to hard work, dedication, and determination to get the things you want?
RrrendezVoodoo On April 23, 2009

Deleted

, New York
#20New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:52:18
@royalmile700 Said

Its rediculous....what happend to hard work, dedication, and determination to get the things you want?

Well, let's just face it. It's 2009; there are two kinds of people, hard workers and people who expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

BALTIMORE, Maryland
#21New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 05:58:33
Its not the year its the generation, not all but alot, the respect for everything/everyone is out the window, the ability to take responsibility for their own actions is completely gone, and your right hardwork is a thing of the past. Everyone makes the team, no one ever fails, its all a complete disaster and the building blocks for a weak country as a whole. If I'm one of the people in that generation and I can see it, we must look horrible to those who look at us from the outside looking in.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#22New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 06:19:43
i think im mostly with royal on this... i never actually had heard of this going on before, but thats not cool... they should absolutely, hands down be given the opportunity to get a degree while theyre there, but there should be some sort of debt with it, even if the payback is completely based on their income... like medical bills for schitzos who never get it together... if they can get things straight, they pay it back... if they simply cant find work, cant hold things down then theres really no money to be gotten from them anyway... but they would have to at least acknowledge the second chance they were given every time one of those happy little reminders found them...

then again, who am i to complain... i took full advantage of wic for a while... and i fully intend to get every 'unmarried mommy' college aide that i can find...
johnnydreamaker On January 04, 2009

birmingham, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Jan 03, 2009 @ 12:11:24
I guess this is a debate about punishment versus rehablitation ?
The problem is having worked with criminals for years I find that punishment doesn;t work . Im no wuss , I get as angry as the next guy over this stuff but the problem is this . When someone gets punished by others they think , I mustn't get caught next time cos this really sucks ! So they seek the advice of better criminals and get better ideas on how to break the law instead of feeling sorry for what they have done to others and repenting (for want of a better word) . The problem then is you don;t get a better society you just have meaner criminals coming out feeling pissed off at society for punishing them !
You can go on building prisons ad infinitum but they aren;t going to take the problem away which i think is essetially getting people to accept responsibility for their actions !
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs