The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Philosophy

if you go back in time to change a timeline, which history event , you would change and why?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:28:54
@Ratty Said

I'm not a strict student of history but I know enough to be able to not get totally lost in a convo.

Stalin wasn't a global threat as much more of a threat to his own people. Same with Itailin boy, he got his just deserts, hanging upside down in the town square along with one of his many mistresses, apparently they left his body hanging in the town square for a while and people would drive by and just randomly shot his corpse. LOL, that's some anger there.

The Italians in WW2 were about as effective as trying to herd cats. I think they must have had too many high carb dishes to get anything done, too busy napping it off.

The Japanese were pissed at us for all of our embargos on them so they decided to get a little nutty with there nonsense and preemptively strike us.

Roosevelt supposedly knew ahead of time and allowed it for us to get into WW2 as Churchill was begging us to intervene but the American public wasn't down to F with that as they say. The "japs" as they called them then provided a perfect impetus for us to join "Europe's" war.

without reading about what you just on wilk. to get more understand what you mean.

that russia, germany , itality need more leadership. i wonder if the people in russia, germany , and italy actually want world domination.

the japaneses has better reasons to fight against the allies.

i think other axis leaders were probably nuts with born trying to be second rate napoleon or casear.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#17New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:33:17
@twilitezone911 Said

without reading about what you just on wilk. to get more understand what you mean.

that russia, germany , itality need more leadership. i wonder if the people in russia, germany , and italy actually want world domination.

the japaneses has better reasons to fight against the allies.

i think other axis leaders were probably nuts with born trying to be second rate napoleon or casear.

I'm really not trying to be mean here, but you need to punctuate and not leave out words a bit more I have a hard time following your postings, I don't know if I asked but are you before but are you a native English speaker, again, not being snarky here just asking.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#18New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:42:53
chaski! Noooooooooo!

I'm just finally discovering it, learning what it's all about.!

@chaski Said

I would not change anything.

Well...maybe if there was a single point in time when the idea of religion was founded or created I would delete that moment. I expect, however, that there was no single moment as such that could be deleted.

Other than that, I would prefer to free or ease or heal those who were hurt by the terrible moments of history...but then I would be a god...not the human that I am.

The thing about changing the past is the same as asking a Jinn (aka genie) to grant a wish...the terrible risk of getting your wish far out weighs the reality before you asked.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:45:11
@Ratty Said

I'm really not trying to be mean here, but you need to punctuate and not leave out words a bit more I have a hard time following your postings, I don't know if I asked but are you before but are you a native English speaker, again, not being snarky here just asking.

i have bad grammar. you know it is hard to express yourself by the sound of your voice. when you are typing on a computer with no sound.

yes, i am american. what you have problems understand me. my learning disabilities are why i leave words out not punctuate where i should.

i understand your frustration, hang in there with me! i'm worthy!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:49:27
@Ratty Said

Kinda like Fez from That 70's Show - a little hard to understand at first, but after a while your "ear" gets tuned to him.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 03:52:40
@mrmhead Said

Kinda like Fez from That 70's Show - a little hard to understand at first, but after a while your "ear" gets tuned to him.

interesting comparing, but that is kind of true. it is funny, not insulting to me.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 04:06:49
i thought mmhead said i took as a very nice compliment.

i need to read between the lines of everybody's post, to understand people are tying about.

having a good ear with me, someone have a good patient with me. i think having a good ear for others, too.

i can't get mad at someone, doesn't understand me or what i post.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 04:10:06
@mrmhead Said

I'd kill Lee Harvey Oswald in 1962 so Stephen King wouldn't write 11.22.63 about traveling back in time to stop LHO from killing JFK.

Instead, Stephen King would be writing an e-mail to his boss, asking if he could order additional feminine napkins for the dispenser at his one customers office.

How he ended up there instead of a best selling author is a little much to explain

years ago, in old 1985-1986 " the twilight zone ".

there was an episode called " profile in silver ".

it is a story about a man who had opportunity to go back in time, to prevent the assassination of jfk. what at price?

profile in silver:

Dr. Joseph Fitzgerald, a Harvard University professor of history from the year 2172, has travelled back in time and assumed the identity of an instructor at Harvard from 1961 to 1963. In the privacy of his office, Fitzgerald is visited by Dr. Kate Wang, a colleague from his own time. They discuss his mission, which is to observe the assassination of John F. Kennedy, from whom he is descended.

Fitzgerald is understandably nervous about watching his own ancestor be murdered, especially since he never got to know the man himself; he has met Kennedy only once. Wang reassures Fitzgerald that every field historian has moments of doubt such as this. When she departs for their home time, she says something that Fitzgerald does not quite catch. He decides to get it over with and journeys to Dealey Plaza in Dallas. However, when he glances up to the Texas School Book Depository and sees Lee Harvey Oswald raise a gun to kill Kennedy, Fitzgerald is unable to stand by and watch the killing. He intervenes and saves the president's life, shouting for the president and his entourage to take cover. Oswald fires anyway, but misses, and is later arrested by Dallas police.

A grateful President Kennedy (Andrew Robinson) invites Fitzgerald to stay at the White House. As Kennedy and his entourage return home, the president is notified that Soviet troops have captured West Berlin. Fitzgerald is astonished, and claims that Khrushchev would never do such a thing. Kennedy sadly points out that Khrushchev was assassinated earlier that day.

In his room that night, Fitzgerald frantically consults his time-travel wrist computer, which informs him that his alteration of history has caused massive rips in the fabric of time. The assassination of Khrushchev was not enough to "fix" the damage to the time stream; the computer informs Fitzgerald that all possible outcomes to this timeline will result in total war between the superpowers and mutual annihilation. There is only one way to repair the timeline, the computer intones: "The Kennedy presidency must end, as history originally recorded it."

Meanwhile, the president and his chief Secret Service bodyguard, Ray (Louis Giambalvo), have grown suspicious of Fitzgerald after finding a half dollar coin with Kennedy's face on it (no living American can be depicted on money) which Fitzgerald dropped on Air Force One. They have also discovered that Fitzgerald's movie camera is not the standard model it appears to be. Metallurgists cannot open it up or determine what it may be. They summon Fitzgerald, who tells them that the camera is a holographic camera from the future, as he himself is. They are skeptical but are convinced of the truth when the professor demonstrates the camera's use. President Kennedy asks whether Fitzgerald was sent back in time to observe Kennedy's reaction to the Berlin crisis, but the professor replies that he did not know about that. Kennedy is puzzled at this, until he looks again at the coin and notices the date: 1964. Kennedy quickly deduces the truth: that Fitzgerald came to Dallas to witness an assassination, Kennedy's own.

Kennedy volunteers to do whatever is necessary to repair history. Fitzgerald, overwhelmed by his ancestor's heroism, removes his time travel ring and places it on Kennedy's hand. Kennedy vanishes, and Fitzgerald's computer reports that the president has been transported to the year 2172 – Fitzgerald's home. The professor tells Ray that a few changes need to be made; then, when Dallas and the motorcade are revisited, it is Fitzgerald who appears in the car and is shot and killed.

At Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, the dead body of "President Kennedy" (actually Fitzgerald) is being attended to by a doctor, who is actually Fitzgerald's colleague from the future. Ray, the Secret Service agent, recognizes her ring because it is identical to Fitzgerald's. She tells him that she knew what Fitzgerald's fate would be, saying, "Some of us do our research in the even farther future" and goes on to say, "The last time I saw him I couldn't tell him what I knew. All I could do was repeat a phrase" - the remark that Fitzgerald didn't quite catch – "in Chinese that my husband taught me." Holding Fitzgerald's hand tenderly, she repeats the phrase in Chinese and then says it in English: "Goodbye, old friend... Goodbye." Ray asks her if what they have seen will change history, and she replies that it will not – because it did not. "Even the act of traveling in time is part of history," she says.

At Harvard University in 2172, a man speaks to a classroom full of students, delivering a rousing speech in which he implicitly lauds Fitzgerald's sacrifice and the sacrifices of other honorable men like him. As the camera turns, we see that the speaker, dressed in clothing appropriate to the period, is John F. Kennedy.

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 12:35:41
@twilitezone911 Said

i thought mmhead said i took as a very nice compliment.

i need to read between the lines of everybody's post, to understand people are tying about.

having a good ear with me, someone have a good patient with me. i think having a good ear for others, too.

i can't get mad at someone, doesn't understand me or what i post.

Nothing between the lines or intended as insult.
Just tolerance and adjustment.

NE, Ohio
#25New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 12:55:12
She said, What is history?
And he said, History is an angel
Being blown
Backwards
Into the future
He said: History is a pile of debris
And the angel wants to go back and fix things
To repair the things that have been broken

But there is a storm blowing from Paradise
And the storm keeps blowing the angel
Backwards
Into the future

And this storm, this storm
Is called
Progress

Saint Louis, Missouri
#26New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 13:07:41
@mrmhead Said

Nothing between the lines or intended as insult.
Just tolerance and adjustment.

exactly. that what i mean! why i thought more funny, when you said, you can compare me to him.

there are members that i just tolerance and adjustment, because of their behavior and some members with their grammar problems.

members has problems that share on the forum, we have to listen over and over. it would be better normal if i was still working in workplace.
Terminal On May 13, 2016

Banned

#27New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 13:17:23
I can't think of any human event which needs to be changed. Better just leave it all alone.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 13:30:07
@Terminal Said

I can't think of any human event which needs to be changed. Better just leave it all alone.

good advice, it is best to leave things alone.

even you don't alter any history event in the past, if you go back in time.

if you try to contact your family or change your family history's path in anyway. there are consequences to your actions.

NE, Ohio
#29New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 13:45:45
As long as "They" keep time travel a secret, we'd never know how this time stream may have changed from the "original" one.

I would think "They" would have to operate redundant time-streams in case one of their history-changes resulted in time travel not being invented.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Apr 30, 2016 @ 13:50:19
@mrmhead Said

As long as "They" keep time travel a secret, we'd never know how this time stream may have changed from the "original" one.

I would think "They" would have to operate redundant time-streams in case one of their history-changes resulted in time travel not being invented.

that would true, it would difficult. you have add the human factor in the equation.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs