Wow how things change

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 14:53:53
Hopefully not many of you will have experienced this but I was just thinking about how quickly and drastically friendships can change in what seems like the blink of an eye.

You know , you have this person you feel like you can talk to about anything. You spend hours sharing all your hopes, dreams , ambitions , fears and darkest secrets and the thought that this person would ever turn on you may never cross your mind. Well let me tell you , it can happen. Who knows maybe this person was never your "true friend" to begin with and maybe your trust was just misguided or something. The point is it hurts all the same when someone you trusted with your life turns on you and becomes someone who seems hell bent on turning your life upside down.

What makes people act like this? How can be someone's confidant one day and their worse enemy the next?

If this happened to you how would you react to this person? Would you retaliate and use thier secrects against them? Would you just chalk it up to a lesson learned and leave it alone?
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#2New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 14:57:39
Sorry to hear that.

Had something like that happen, except being my worst enemy, so far, but it is a Total Disconnect. No Contact in any manner now for 3 years. And I grew up with the guy since 3rd grade. Wow.

treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 14:57:49
Thats horrible. I had it happen to me also. I didnt feel angry as such more hurt and i was angry at myself for ever trusting them. It made me wary of just about everyone.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#4New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 14:59:36
This definetly happens... and unfortunately it happened to me last year...with not just one friend but about 4. One day your fine...laughing and joking and everythings okay... and then the next, without warning they decide to turn on you because of something you wouldn't do.....because you wouldn't follow the crowd and because a f***ing drop kick just like they did... and it seems like 10 years of friendship didn't matter to them at all. They are happy to make every minute of everyday hell, forgetting that for over 10 years your were best mates...and in one split second its like they are these different people that you think you never ever knew in the first place.
Perv Magnet

#5New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:00:44
I have went through so many emotions over the past month that I just really have'nt acted at all until a few days ago , I called this person and gave them a good blessing out other than that I've done nothing and it just hurts. I miss the person that I thought was my friend and outraged at the person that turned out to be my enemy.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:01:40
Yeah you miss them, who they were anyways. I dunno life does weird things to people and its sad when they end up bitter.
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#7New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:02:23
@treebee Said
Thats horrible. I had it happen to me also. I didnt feel angry as such more hurt and i was angry at myself for ever trusting them. It made me wary of just about everyone.

Yeah, I guess I feel the same...Hurt most of all that he could be that way. I have no feelings of retaliation, what so ever, just kinda lost over the situation.
Perv Magnet

#8New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:03:26
I'll always love the person I thought I knew but I'd love to b**** slap the person they turned out to be.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#9New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:03:39
@treebee Said
Yeah you miss them, who they were anyways. I dunno life does weird things to people and its sad when they end up bitter.

And you start to question the whole friendship...whether it was all a lie.
imkindofabigdeal On November 09, 2010

, Michigan
#10New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:04:13
This just happened to me within the last 6 months. I still talk to this person as she still wants to be my friend. But things can never go back to the way they were because of how she treated me, and the things she said.
There isn't a complete lack of contact, but I have stopped telling her personal information about me. I can never truely trust her again.
Perv Magnet

#11New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:05:35
@tequila_sunrise Said
And you start to question the whole friendship...whether it was all a lie.

Exactly and I guess that's the one question I would like to ask this person but I know he'd just lie to me or say what he thinks I want to hear.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:05:43
You can never un-say things. You can forgive people. I dunno if you are a forgiving person by nature this is where you come unstuck because you have such mixed feelings about it. Its like when your child says something nasty or does something awful. You love them still, but hate the behavior they are showing.
bettyboo On November 19, 2010

, Australia
#13New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:05:54
the disapointments keep coming along life journey my best friend hurt me last aug and i still miss her terribly but i am not a forgiving person anymore from other s*** that has happened and i hate that i have become this but my heart is too broken to want to be hurt again maybe time will heal for you
Perv Magnet

#14New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:08:46
@imkindofabigdeal Said
This just happened to me within the last 6 months. I still talk to this person as she still wants to be my friend. But things can never go back to the way they were because of how she treated me, and the things she said.
There isn't a complete lack of contact, but I have stopped telling her personal information about me. I can never truely trust her again.

I have only had one phone conversation with him , in which i was really the only one talking because everytime he opened his mouth I told him to STFU I was quiet heated. I'm thinking now maybe I should have given him the chance to talk but after all that he has done I doubt I would beleive a word he had to say.
Perv Magnet

#15New Post! May 13, 2008 @ 15:11:42
@treebee Said
You can never un-say things. You can forgive people. I dunno if you are a forgiving person by nature this is where you come unstuck because you have such mixed feelings about it. Its like when your child says something nasty or does something awful. You love them still, but hate the behavior they are showing.

The thing is he has an excuse for everything he said butthe excuses just don't add up. It's hard to figure it all out and I'm just at the point that I think it's best to erase him from my life and let it go.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs