Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#17New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:41:10

@treebee Said

when you make a thread, rather than just post a link and a couple of words can you maybe say something about the story or paste one or two paragraphs (not the whole story) about it so we have a rough idea what its about and what your opinion is.

Also if you just post a youtube video can you give some sort of narrative as to what its about? Not everyone can watch youtube and some of us are deaf so if you want feedback it would be helpful to get the gist of it in text too.

I feel this would probably stimulate people to click those links and bother reading or watching it.

Cheers!

God I've been saying this for YEARS! Finally, le mods have listened! :praise:
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:43:01

@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah, that was mostly to stop from haveing to merge a lot of "breaking news" threads.

though you would be surprised at how many people don't see the featured post, even though it is right there

Anyway finding something to feature after Friday theme is always hard for me.

yeah I am having a hard time finding threads to feature these days and it was simply a case of when something massive happens getting a post to feature ASAP so that we dont have a load to merge up, I always have trouble figuring out who posted first.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:44:54

@offbeat Said

mmm... is that true ...or are you inserting a sneaky exemption in for me because you're my fave mod ? ..... and .... i've been having terrible trouble with threads that have videos on them ...i just can't see them ...i didn't see or hear one track on alkaia's recent music thread ...i've a good mind to ask el supremo for my money back .

I find the videos really slow my laptop down, its kind of annoying but then again I could get a better laptop

But yeah, my point was that could people give a little more opinion and information in words rather than just posting a hasty link or video because we want to interact on a personal level, otherwise might as well just use news websites.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:45:54

@boobagins Said

God I've been saying this for YEARS! Finally, le mods have listened! :praise:

It used to be common netiquette but recently over the years posters have become somewhat lazy. We could all react to a news story but a person's take on it is far more interesting I think.
monkey On July 08, 2022

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:45:54

I think it's probably because they're worried about the copyright thing.

When I posted that story from the Sun paper, I was a little nervous about showing too much information after that, maybe other people feel the same but I agree with you, they should at least leave a description or some hints.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:46:53

@monkey Said

I think it's probably because they're worried about the copyright thing.

When I posted that story from the Sun paper, I was a little nervous about showing too much information after that, maybe other people feel the same but I agree with you, they should at least leave a description or some hints.

a paragraph or so is fine, just copying and pasting a whole article is just annoying. We need a personal touch, it will stimulate conversations.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:51:30

@treebee Said

I find the videos really slow my laptop down, its kind of annoying but then again I could get a better laptop

But yeah, my point was that could people give a little more opinion and information in words rather than just posting a hasty link or video because we want to interact on a personal level, otherwise might as well just use news websites.

mmm... i'm kinda all words and no links so i must be just what tfs needs .... thanks treebs .... exceptional modding as usual .
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:54:09

@offbeat Said

mmm... i'm kinda all words and no links so i must be just what tfs needs .... thanks treebs .... exceptional modding as usual .

well, links are good if you are trying to prove a point but they are not the be all and end all because if someone is THAT interested they will go look it up.
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#26New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 00:01:54

willy doolie
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#27New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 00:33:05

@treebee Said

when you make a thread, rather than just post a link and a couple of words can you maybe say something about the story or paste one or two paragraphs (not the whole story) about it so we have a rough idea what its about and what your opinion is.

Also if you just post a youtube video can you give some sort of narrative as to what its about? Not everyone can watch youtube and some of us are deaf so if you want feedback it would be helpful to get the gist of it in text too.

I feel this would probably stimulate people to click those links and bother reading or watching it.

Cheers!

Thank you! I've always been annoyed when people just post a link. It's much better foruming to post the relevant info up front - sparks better conversation that way, as not everyone is inclined to click on links and come back for discussion on it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 01:00:06

over the past two years, i forgot the member's name in my thread's forum games, told me that i should name the title of movie poster or whatever above the link of the movie poster. i know that one of my recent forum games, i don't put in the games's rules. because i forgot about it. i know that if i put a link to youtube, and don't put a couple of words to describe it, the mods look at , and don't get points. that when i know either not funny or nobody understand it. i don't need a youtube , for people don't understand, i just have be offline! in general, i write explaining above the youtube or photolink. let me honest you only one laugh at it, you have lost your audience, you might as well be " the twilight zone! " wait minute, i am in " twiltezone!", get it?
syco On April 26, 2013

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 01:07:02

I always thought threads with nothing but a\ link and "hey, look at this" were scams so didn't bother with the thread again.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 20:27:10

Yeah, agreed, especially the youtube thing.

It annoys me too when people post about a news story but don't provide a link.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs