Can People Change??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 17, 2006 @ 12:34:19
@miss_rob Said
People don't change, they can learn and expand their thinking and change their lifestyles but the bastards dont change.

the reason the bastards don't change is because they wont admit they need to and therefore they think the sun shines outa their backsides.

I've learnt from people that no body actually changes, they can grow up a lil, learning to define right and wrong behaviour or perhaps they will learn not to do something when they dont like the concequences of their actions.

BUT they do not change, a 2nd chance only teaches people to walk over you and should be saved for genuine mistakes.

thats a fairly pessimistic view point not one i'd agree with.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#17New Post! Nov 18, 2006 @ 05:39:47
yeah. I believe in second chances and people being able to change..I think you change without realising half the time..just through life experiences
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#18New Post! Nov 19, 2006 @ 02:58:22
I do think some behaivors can be changed. I guess in my mind it all depends on if it's a learned behaivor or an inherited one if there is such a thing.

This topic kind of strikes a chord with me at the moment actually because someone I know has actually reverted back to behaivor they illustrated years and years ago, just when we thought they had changed Bing Bam Boom the old monster is back and stronger than ever, so I duuno anymore.

On the other hand as Treebs has stated above, I myself have changed alot over the years. I don't exhibit alot of the behaivors that I did when I was younger I guess growing up does change us in a lot of way.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#19New Post! Nov 19, 2006 @ 03:08:19
I believe in second chances. Sometimes a little too much! It takes a long time for me to really trust someone, and when I do, sometimes I let them in too far

It depends on the mistake, I think. Something extremely violent/sadistic I don't think I'd be able to forgive. If you do something that bad there's something wrong with you in the head, and I don't trust you to change because it's just the way you are.

If it's some screw up in a relationship of some sort, I do think a person is able to change. Who knows what was going on in that person's life that may have influenced him/her to do whatever they did? Maybe they grew up a bit.

I look back at just a couple of years for myself. I'm amazed at how much I've changed. I never said I would, but I have. And now I'm saying yeah, I'll continue to change in one way or another. As you learn more, as you experience more, your ideas and feelings on things change!

Some people are set in their ways, but I do believe most change with time and experiences.
swizzy On January 06, 2011

Moscow city, New York
#20New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 22:18:00
Yeah, definitly.....
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#21New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 22:21:59
i belive in second chances, sure.
its how me and jon are together again.

but 3rd chances, never.
neelbru On May 22, 2010

Deleted

Mountain Home, Arkansas
#22New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 22:23:23
I believe in second chances. I really do. However, I don't believe in third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on chances. Often, people only SEEM to change. With tears in their eyes, they swear to you that they will never do (insert offense here) again, yet they do.

It's one thing to be a forgiving soul, and it's quite another to let yourself be trampled.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#23New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 22:57:35
With the right help and will, yes.
wicked On January 22, 2007

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 22:59:11
@unspokenwords Said
With the right help and will, yes.

i think they can given the chance
rabbit1954 On December 02, 2006

Banned

im in canada, Zimbabwe
#25New Post! Nov 20, 2006 @ 23:05:16
well i was born at age 17. gandpa always said if ya a devil son ya goin to hell. do people change. its funny when people go into court charged with a felony and they carry a bible claiming they are a changed person. they found god and read the bible. the judge then ask, name one book in the bible. the response is i dont know, a child molester is caught and jailed. give them a second chance at what. heck they go after more children. do people change. some do and should get a second chance but some say or act like they have changed. the only thing changed about them is they are sneaker
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#26New Post! Nov 21, 2006 @ 00:37:59
I'd say that D. and I have both changed alot over the past sixteen years. I guess the good thing is we both changed for the better and we changed together for the benefit of our marriage and our family. When we first met things were kind of wild and rocky but we've settled into our lives now and we are happy so yeah I'd say second chances can't be all bad.
lullabelle On December 04, 2006

Mt. Hope, Alabama
#27New Post! Nov 29, 2006 @ 21:32:41
I am a firm beliver in second chances for if people did not give me a second chance I would not be where I am at today... I think people do change it just takes time and just because somebody has done some time in prison don't make them a bad person cause if you learn from you mistakes you can truly change....
hope On March 17, 2015

haifa, Israel
#28New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 08:49:47
@markfox01 Said
Do you beleive in second chances? can peple honestly change or is the human mind that stubbon, people will always revert back to how the used to be...

Im a firm beleiver in second chances in people, doesnt matter what they have done... But... i find alot of people seem to fail me, once a cheater/liar etc always... springs to mind....

But i have changed alot since say i was 18. Back then i was getting pissed every night, and sleeping with any thing in a skirt.. now.. i drink once a week (or twice), and have a relationship and fallen in love!

So can people change, or do they have to want to change and not say it, just to prove a point??

What do you reckon...

ofcourse people change , either for better or for wrose" ,, sometimes depends on the situation they encounter.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#29New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 08:50:35
It all depends on their willingness I think. If a person is genuinely willing to try to change I think it's possible.
nine_days On May 09, 2007

Deleted

, California
#30New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 08:52:43
People are constantly changing. The only problem is that they almost never change into what you want them to be.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs