I feel like an intellectual failure

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
NotSoSure On December 28, 2011

Freeport,
#16New Post! Aug 24, 2010 @ 19:07:05
@boobagins Said

I remember that being the case to my physics I class. Very very very math intensive and I ended up bombing the first test. But once I figured out what the teacher wanted, I was better able to handle the class and went from there to taking Physics II and III.

My Bio AP class in high school was the same. Got recommend for it by another teacher, went in there and got flabbergasted by the amount of math that was involved. I dropped that class mainly because it was my senior year, I didn't need any more sciences and I wanted my senior year to be breeze for the most part. Ending up switching that class for like rec games or something, I just needed an elective.

But...usually professors often times scare you the first day of class. They thrust you in there just what the general student population's knowledge is like coming into it.

It's what most of my "tough" professors always seem to do. They do it to find out who is a serious student and who isn't. They want to squeeze out the "drop outs" quickly, but don't' lat it be a discouragement.

Go talk to your professor, see how other students felt in the class. I don't think you should give up on it until you have a few more classes to see if it eases up and your questions clear up.

Well, it didn't help that I missed the first class. I already dropped the Bio class, trying to learn Bio + math in the same timeframe just isn't working, especially when they expect me to already know the math parts (well for the most part). I'm trying to get into a math lab, and I should know more by friday, but...I was REALLY astounded at the amount of math required in Bio. Almost nothing like highschool biology.

What's really scary is, my advisor wants me to take Chemistry next year, I better start crunching numbers now, lol!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs