The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

The average wedding in the UK costs ?22,858! How much did yours cost?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 19:19:32
@captain_planet Said

I honestly do not get it,
To me it's more romantic to use that money to start a life togeter. You could travel halfway around the world on that money and see wonderful things together.
You could put a deposit on a house and cement your future...literally..

You could put it away for your kids college and make sure they have the best start in life. I mean c'mon 22 grand?

I think of much better uses than buying everyone you even remotely know and their wifes dinner and a crappy band to dance to.

The main cost is hiring a hall, providing food for the reception.
A friend of mine married last year and the banqueting suite alone was ?5000 without the food, catering staff etc.
Then theres flowers, gifts for the bridesmaids, alcohol, honeymoon, bridesmaids dresses, cars, it mounts up pretty fast!
bullseye88 On December 23, 2009

Banned

, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 19:25:32
unbelieveable the costs though, even for a "cheap" affair
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 19:35:11
I totally believe in marriage, I think it's for life, I think it's for sickness and in health and death do you part..

Which is precisely why I don't ever want to do it

Having said that if in theory I loved someone that much and had a lobotomy and got married, it would be very much a private celebration, after all marriage is about the two of you, not impressing people with how much money you can waste.

My sis got married about 5 years ago, I think in total they spent about 5-6k, It was a wonder full day and much better than some I have been too costing three times that.

My uncle paid out for both his daughters to get married in the same year, he had to take out a loan for 20k. Now he works but he ever gonna get to retire paying that off!
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 19:40:48
Very little compared to some. Down the Kings Road to Chelsea Register Office and drinks bought for us all night back at our local. We'd both been married before and we decided to keep it simple. The kids are still annoyed that we didn't take them with us but we thought it would be better to keep the waywardness adult only.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs